Saturday, October 26, 2013

Week 2 October 5- October 12:
This was the week I went back to school and I started physical therapy religiously. I actually get excited for physical therapy and my doctors appointments. I know all of the physical therapists from last April so I can insult them and yell at them and they'll get if I'm kidding or not. My first session though, was not good. It was my first encounter with electrical stim, which is what they do to send electrical shocks to your brain to get it to communicate with your quad to get it to contract. But I had a physical therapist I had never had before  and the electric stim was wayyyyy to high and it was making me cry, which, it should hurt, but not enough to make you cry every single time it starts. So they had to turn it down. And I haven't been with him since. Second week they try and get me to lift my leg which doesn't work, but they also try to get my to tighten my quad, and I usually could after the electric stim so it's definitely worth it.  The also bend your leg. I usually sit at the edge of they able and they bend it until it's too painful for me to take. Second week I got to about 46 degrees at the end. I was always sooooo excited ever time the measured it and I found out how much I was able to bend it.  Also, don't ever be afraid to go down to the nurse to take some medicine and ice, there's only so much you can take.
-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment